Thursday, August 6, 2009

Showers


This has got to be one of the best ideas that has really changed my life for the better.



The curved shower rod. It just rocks. I know it does not save the world or save me a lot on my car insurance - I just think it is super dooper. You don't have that constant brushing up against the plastic shower curtain and not to mention the curve adds a bit of style. Plus I hate showers with the glass doors. I have hit the glass with my elbow so many times I am waiting for my elbow to hit that sweet spot and shatter - cutting me into little itty bitty bits. Am I paranoid? Easily annoyed? Of course! Or I just like the fact that a curved rod makes the shower very roomy place to be. Kind of like showering in the locker room. Only without the other naked women trying not to make eye contact with you or pretending they are not talking crap about the birth mark on your thigh that looks a little bit like Boris Yeltsin.


Another thing I like is this whole see through strip in the shower curtain.


This allows me to see if there is any monsters in the bathroom. I admit full out I have a fear of monsters getting me in: The shower, the closet and under the bed. Especially the shower after I have watched a scary movie or read a scary book. I enjoy the idea of being able to keep an eye on what is going on in the bathroom. I mean HELLO:




And speaking of fear of showers - I was super afraid every time I washed my hair because of The Grudge.


That whole hand in the hair thing freaked me out. I think I even washed my hair in the sink once or twice because I was so freaked out.


And then I was super scared of the drain because of Stephen King's It.


Every single time I took a shower I kept an eye on the drain. Waiting for his fingers to pop open the drain and for Pennywise the Clown to push his way through into the shower to not only terrorize me but to also taunt me on my inability to shave my legs without cutting myself.

After reading all of this, I am surprised I take showers at all. A good idea would be for me to take showers with the Denny Monster. But he hogs all the water as well as the fact that I end up freezing to death because he does not like the waster super hot. Lucky for me I am more afraid of being gross than getting eaten by monsters. Most of the time that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment