Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Jamaica in December…..

I highly recommend it! My husband and I decided back in the summer that once our lives started to resemble normal again that we would take some time to relax and enjoy each other something we haven’t done much of in the recent months.

We spoke with my in-laws in September and asked if they would be willing to come watch the kids for a week. They accepted!

So Dec 5th to the 10th my hubby and I headed out on a vacation, just the 2 of us no kids! We haven’t done that in 10 years. We had an early morning flight to Miami then connected to our flight to Jamaica. At 8am we were in the Miami airport enjoying what would be the first of many adult beverages (we were having bloody Mary’s to start). We arrive in Jamaica and proceeded to the lounge to await our transport to our hotel. Of course, Red Stripe beer was served to us J

Once we arrived at the hotel (an hour and a half ride), we were greeted by a bell man serving drinks to welcome us. We checked in a proceeded to our room. Room was nice we had a good view. We were beat from the 4am wake up call to get to the airport on time and decided to take a nap. Dinner was uneventful and we headed right back to bed with our full tummies and still tired bodies.

Our first night!

The next morning I was up and ready to hit the beach armed with my sunscreen and book off I went I did nothing but sip fruity drinks and read my book (Bart Yasso’s My life on the run). Day 2 was pretty much the same. But then came dinner day 2. My husband was not impressed with the service or the food and tried his best to keep it to himself but he had finally had enough. He wanted to move resorts!

So the next morning I packed up all the bags and proceeded to waste my morning waiting on transportation to our new location. Hubby lost out; because this was the morning, I was planning to head to the nude beach to take care of those tan lines. Instead, I was packing and sitting in the lobby watching everyone else have fun. So yes, I was pouting like a baby!

Again, another hour and a half in the car, but this time it was worth it. We were greeted by friendly smiles and loads of customer service. The resort even upgraded us free to a suite that was the size of a small apartment! I soon got over my doom and gloom from the morning. The next day was a bit rainy but still full of fun and relaxing. It was also full of food!

The jerk center served traditional Jamaican food every day for lunch I had jerk chicken rice and peas and corn on the cob. Ms. Keisha, the cook at the jerk center took great care of us and fed us well. Stephen our waiter was wonderful and never let our drinks go dry. I guess that explains the 6lbs I put on while there :)


Drinks on the beach!

Keisha who kept me fat and happy :)

Our final day was good we sat by the pool sipped drinks and took in all the people watching we could. I was having quite the time coming up with stories to my husband about the people we saw. I swear he thinks I am a bit looney but it was entertaining.

As we pulled away from our hotel the bellmen and a number of staff waved goodbye to us as we pulled out of the driveway. My husband even came home a wrote a review on trip advisor! Check it out here.


We arrived home late Friday night and the next morning we were greeted by happy kids! It was a great get away and just what we needed to recharge our batteries! I highly recommend it to any married couple especially one with kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment